We invest in safety so that our customers can achieve Long Term Low Cost Insurance. Our safety investment includes a team of dedicated Loss Control experts and propriety resources focused on helping your fleet identify and resolve issues that cause accidents.
Our Safety staff focuses on three areas:
- Driver Management
- Provide Specific Accident Training
- Regulatory Compliance / CSA Results
Our team designs a specific Safety Action Plan according to the needs and goals of the fleet. We then work with your organization to help you implement the plan.
Below is a sample list of some of the Safety Resources that we offer:
- Driver Management System: Proprietary online driver tracking system that pinpoints problem drivers and provides administrative support to fleet managers. Our focus is to identify problem drivers, intervene and change driver behavior which will result in a safer more efficient driver. This is usually paired with recurring meetings focused on completing customized driver action plans.
- Mock DOT Audits: Keep you safe & compliant.
- Driver Trainings: Speed & Space Management, Intersection Safety, Accident Scene Management, Vehicle Backing Training
- Quarterly Benchmark Reports: Review accident and regulatory compliance numbers and compare to industry and competitor benchmarks. Provide root cause analysis on identified accident, injury and regulatory compliance problems to understand process breakdowns. Development of action plans to address identified process breakdowns to eliminate accident, injury and regulatory compliance problems.
When accidents occur we assist our customers in reporting and handling of their claims.
- Providing direct access to our insurance company partners for prompt reporting of claims.
- Online claims management tools to assist in monitoring claim handling activity.
- Intervention with our customers if there is any problem with the claim.
Leadership Profile – Safety & Compliance
Patrick Dull: Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM)
Pat’s expertise is safety and claim services. He has provided Loss Control services to the transportation industry for over 20 years. He is responsible for developing and implementing the delivery of Risk Control services, including DOT audit procedures, Defensive Driver Training and Workers Compensation Modified Work Programs. He has a Master’s Degree in Occupational Safety with his thesis titled: “Evaluation of Six Factors in the Prediction of Back Injury Frequency in the Trucking Industry”. Pat is certified by the National Safety Council as an instructor of Defensive Driving.
“I can’t thank Pat Dull enough for taking the time out of his hectic schedule over the last two days to prepare us for the compliance review. His experience and expertise are invaluable to me and I am so appreciative of his support. He really goes above and beyond the call of duty!”
– Chris Knupp, Jaro Transportation
“Having National Risk Management as a resource for safety and compliance has really benefited our safety department. We view them as a partner that is committed to helping us improve.”
– Frank Venezia, Venezia Transport
“National Risk Management has been a tremendous resource for safety and compliance advice. They really had a big impact on lowering our frequency of accidents. We feel we’ve gotten more for our insurance dollar. They’re professionals.”
– Mike Anzalone, Falcon Express
“Thank You for the kind words Tom, but the real hero here is Mr. Dull. He took time out of his weekend to help us make this happen. He is a real asset and I respect him now more than ever. I don’t know how I can ever repay him.”
– Lucian Karaba, Proline Xpress
“National Risk Management has been a blessing and a benefit. The value added care for customers is outstanding. Thank you to Steve and Pat.”
– Gary Strauss, Atlas Trucking Co LLC