Delivering superior risk management solutions to trucking fleets for over 25 years, our focus is to provide fleets with a Risk Management program, including complementary safety and driver management services, so they can focus on their core business…trucking!
Our strategy is to assist motor carriers achieve long-term low cost insurance by offering a Risk Management program that includes:
- Comprehensive coverage review and program design
- Safety Action Plan designed to drive down losses and maintain regulatory compliance
- Access to exclusive transportation specific markets including, but not limited to: Acuity, Great West, National Interstate and Sentry
Our special emphasis is on the transportation industry, where we have acted as the risk management partners of more than 500 trucking fleets. This specialization has made us experts at finding ways to reduce costs and provide value added services for transportation companies.
Our Approach – Risk Management vs. Insurance
Risk Management is more than insurance – it’s the process of minimizing the adverse effects of accidental losses. A well-designed Risk Management solution can lower your losses and lower your premium costs. We have years of experience in making Risk Finance and Risk Control work for the transportation industry.
- Risk Finance focuses on determining the right coverages, limits and deductible amount giving you financial security and optimize cash flow.
- Risk Control focuses on analyzing losses, determining how to prevent them, and mitigating the cost once they do occur.
Traditional Insurance Programs
- Auto Liability
- Physical Damage
- Contingent Auto and Cargo for Freight Brokers and Freight Forwarders
- General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Excess Liability
- Additional Policies and Endorsements as appropriate
Alternative Risk Financing
Alternative Risk Financing programs known as Captives and Self-Insured Retentions (SIRs) offer you the opportunity to benefit from your safety efforts. More specifically, if you don’t suffer significant losses, a portion of the premium you pay, along with investment income, may be returned to you. We have significant experience helping clients determine if an Alternative Risk Financing program is right for them.
- Better operators band together to share risk and reward, creating their own exclusive insurance group and insulating themselves from poorer operators and the market
- In effect, group captive participants exit the cyclical traditional market and typically realize significant long-term savings and better protection
Self-Insured Retentions (SIRs)
- Insured retains predictable losses and losses that can be controlled. Transfer unpredictable and catastrophic losses
Insurance Company Partners
In our over twenty five years as an agency, National Risk Management Services has developed strong partnerships with transportation specific insurance markets.
The list below represents some of the insurance companies we work with:
- Carolina Casualty
- National Casualty
- National Interstate
Tom Lucci, ARM, CPCU, MBA
Tom’s business career started as a transportation underwriter. This experience grounded him in the risk management process of identifying, analyzing and then selecting the right way to handle loss exposures. His loss exposure analysis ensures that all exposures are covered, trends in frequency and severity are identified and the proper cash flow program is implemented. His extensive knowledge of the insurance company operations facilitates the delivery of Risk Management Services to his clients.
Lee Bolko, ARM
Lee’s entire career has been spent in the commercial insurance business. His expertise is insurance coverages and safety services for transportation companies and contractors. He complements his insurance knowledge with an in-depth understanding of regulatory compliance requirements. He delivers Risk Management Services to his clients through a series of safety meetings designed to bring awareness and training of safety issues to management and drivers. Lee is certified by the National Safety Council as an instructor of Defensive Driving.
Mike Bush, MBA
Mike’s broad background in operations, sales and finance provides him a well-rounded perspective to understand the complex needs of our clients. His balance of an analytical approach combined with practical operational experience is leveraged to identify, analyze and select the right way to handle loss exposures. His experience in the safety industry provides additional insights and awareness to help our clients avoid exposures.
Steve’s career has been spent entirely in the transportation insurance industry. Prior to merging with NRMS, he owned his agency that specialized in small fleet trucking. At one point, he even owned his own tractor and reefer. He knows the special needs of the small trucker. It is this knowledge of the trucking industry combined with an understanding of regulatory compliance that allow him to deliver a comprehensive package to his clients.